My kids just LOVE mini pizzas for dinner. And the best bit for me is all the veggies I can add to the topping! These are quick and easy to make on a weeknight and there are always some leftover for snacking on later.
Ingredients (makes 27):
3 sheets Pampas butter puff pastry
50g parmesan cheese
1 garlic clove
1 carrot, peeled
1/2 cup broccoli florets
1/2 cup pumpkin
1 tbsp duck fat (or other cooking fat)
500g beef mince
3 tbsp tomato paste
200g tomato puree
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Herbamare, sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Grate the cheese (10sec/sp9 in Thermomix). Set aside.
2. Into a saucepan on medium heat, add cooking fat, diced onion and minced garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened.
(In Thermomix, add halved onion and garlic. Chop 5sec/sp5. Cook 2min/100deg/sp1)
3. Process carrot, pumpkin and broccoli until finely chopped. Add to the pot, along with mince and cook, stirring, until the mince is browned.
(In Thermomix, add pumpkin, broccoli and carrot. Chop 5sec/sp7. Add mince and cook 3min/100deg/rev+sp1).
4. Add tomato paste, tomato puree, parsley and seasonings. Cook, stirring, for around 10 minutes.
(In Thermomix, add tomato paste, tomato puree, parsley and seasonings and cook 10min/100deg/rev+sp1)
5. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper (I had to bake in 2 batches). Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares. Top each pastry square with some mince mixture and then sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for around 10 minutes or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.