So here's another one of my family's fave soups. My kids are always asking for it - they think it's just potato soup and don't realise there's (plenty of) cauliflower hiding in there! Very quick and easy to make, great dinner for busy weeknights.
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp cooking fat
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3cm chunks
- 250g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 800mL Campbell's veggie stock OR chicken broth OR water with 2 tbsp Thermomix veggie stock concentrate
- Sea salt, pepper, Herbamare and fresh lemon juice to taste
1. Into a saucepan on medium heat, add cooking fat, diced onion and crushed garlic cloves. Cook, stirring, for a couple of minutes or until softened.
(Thermomix - add halved onion and garlic cloves. Chop 2sec/sp7. Add cooking fat and cook 2min/100deg/sp1)
2. Add potato and cauliflower, stock and seasoning. Bring to the boil and then reduce to simmer for around 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
(Thermomix - add potato, cauliflower, stock and seasoning. Ensure the level does not exceed the 2L mark. Cook 20min/100deg/sp2. Check that the vegetables are soft at the end of the cooking time)
3. With a stick blender, puree the soup and check seasonings.
(Thermomix - puree by slowly turning the dial from speed 1 to speed 7 for 30 seconds. Check seasonings)