Monday, May 20, 2013

Dairy-free "Cheese" Spread



Don't knock it till you try it!  This nut cheese tastes like a super yummy nacho cheese which is fab for someone like me who doesn't tolerate dairy too well.  I recently had something similar at a cafe called Samudra's while on a weekend away in the Margaret River region and I liked it so much, I had to have a go at making something like that myself!  This would also make a delish dip to have with crackers or veggie sticks!

Ingredients:
1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
1/4 red capsicum
3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp good quality salt (I used Celtic)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 lemon or so, juiced

Method:
Add all ingredients to Thermomix/food processor and blend until smooth (1min/sp5 in Thermomix).  Adjust seasonings if necessary, scrape down the sides of the food processor and blend some more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment