It's been a busy week getting back into the swing of things at uni and cramming for a biology quiz that I have to do by this weekend. So when I got home this afternoon after getting the kids from school and before heading out for my pilates class, I needed to make something super quick but super nutritious for dinner. Enter zucchini slice!
Ingredients (serves 4)
100g pecorino or parmesan cheese
2 large zucchinis, peeled
3 rashers nitrate-free bacon
3 free range eggs
100ml pure cream
1/2 cup spelt flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp paprika
Salad and additive-free sweet chilli sauce (I used Trident brand) to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a medium sized glass baking dish with butter.
2. In Thermomix or food processor, process the cheese until crumbled (5sec/sp9 in Thermomix). Tip into a large bowl.
3. In Thermomix or food processor, chop the zucchini and bacon until finely chopped (5sec/sp6 in Thermomix). Add to the bowl with the cheese.
4. Into the bowl, add eggs, cream, flour, baking powder and parsley. Season well with sea salt and pepper and mix well. Tip into greased baking dish and sprinkle paprika over the top.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until the slice is cooked through and golden on top. Cool slightly before slicing and serving with salad and sweet chilli sauce.