These little quiches are great for kids' party food and I also make them regularly for the kids' lunchboxes. I always sneak in some veg and also some Superfoods for Kidz Vital Veggie Power for extra added goodness. These quiches are good to make ahead as well as they freeze well.
Ingredients (makes 18)
2 sheets Pampas butter puff pastry
80g cheddar cheese
1/2 zucchini, peeled
2 rashers nitrate-free bacon
3 free range eggs
200mL pure cream
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of pepper
Optional - 1 tbsp Superfoods for Kidz Vital Veggie Power
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease cupcake trays with butter.
2. Cut each pastry sheet into 9 squares. Place pastry squares into greased cupcake tins.
3. In a food processor, process the cheese, zucchini and bacon until finely chopped. Distribute evenly amongst pastry shells.
(In Thermomix, add cheese, zucchini and bacon and chop 5sec/sp6. Distribute evenly amongst pastry shells).
4. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, nutmeg, pepper and Superfoods for Kidz powder (if using). Pour into pastry shells.
(In Thermomix, whisk together eggs, cream, nutmeg, pepper and Superfoods for Kidz powder (if using) for 10sec/sp3. Pour into pastry shells)
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until quiches are golden on top and cooked through. Take out of the oven and let them cool slightly in the trays before turning out onto a wire rack.