Thursday, April 25, 2013
Better late than never! I must admit, I haven't made a lot of biscuits in my time so it took a couple of tries to get this recipe to work! And they taste great!
Ingredients (makes 8 biscuits):
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup rapadura sugar
1 cup organic dessicated coconut
1 cup light spelt flour
1/2 tsp bicarb soda
1/2 cup organic dried fruit (I used sultanas and currants)
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp pure honey
100g coconut oil, melted
2 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Add all the dry ingredients to a large bowl and stir to combine
3. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix with your hands. Ensure the mixture is sticky enough that it holds when pressed together. Add a little more water if needed.
4. Shape into 8 biscuits and pop onto lined baking trays.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until biscuits are golden. Take out of the oven and let the biscuits cool on the baking trays. They will firm up as they cool.