This dish is great for using up all sorts of veggies that might be in the veggie crisper in the fridge! Even my super fussy 5yo loved this and ate up all the veggies on his plate!
Ingredients (serves 6-8):
50g parmesan, cubed
400g can tuna in springwater, drained
Assorted veggies, diced (I used 1/2 green capsicum, corn off 1 cob, couple of handfuls of broccoli florets, 1 carrot, 1/2 eggplant, 1/2 cup frozen peas, 1/2 zucchini)
3 large white potatoes, peeled, cut into chunks
1 sweet potato, peeled, cut into chunks
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk of choice (I used Bonsoy)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
3 tbsp butter
2 tbsp cornflour (gluten-free)
500ml milk of choice (I used Bonsoy)
Sea salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grate parmesan cheese (10sec/sp9 in Thermomix) and set aside.
2. Boil the potatoes until cooked. Drain. Add butter, season with salt and pepper. Mash.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, flake the tuna and spread out along the base of a baking dish. Sprinkle diced veggies over the top of the tuna.
4. Make a batch of white sauce as per the recipe in the Thermomix EDC cookbook. Or to make on the stovetop: in a saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter and whisk in cornflour. Gradually add the milk, whisking the whole time. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and whisk until slightly thickened. Pour the white sauce all over the tuna and veggies in the baking dish.
5. Spread the mashed potato out in the baking dish. Top with grated parmesan.
6. Bake for around 30 minutes or until the cheese is golden and veggies are cooked through.