Here's another great and super easy recipe which freezes well and therefore is excellent for your kids' lunchbox freezer stash! And as always, I love the sneakiness of hiding veggies in something I cook and then watching my son gobble it up. Then admitting to him that there are veggies in there. Nowadays he just laughs when I tell him that because he knows that veggies are good for him and he loves it when he has eaten something with veggies hiding in it that he couldn't taste!
Ingredients (makes 12):
- 1.5 cups light spelt flour
- 2 free range eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated cheese of choice (I used sheep's milk cheddar)
- 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (I used organic frozen ones)
- 1 rasher of nitrate free bacon, diced
- 1 cup milk of choice
- Sprinkle of rosemary (I used dried organic rosemary)
- Optional - Superfoods for Kidz Vital Veggie Power
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a 12 hole cupcake tray with cupcake cases (or you can grease)
2. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the baking powder and stir to combine. Then add the baking powder and stir it in.
3. Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 cupcakes cases and bake for 15 minutes or until the muffins are golden on top and spring back when pressed lightly on top. These are delicious served warm with a big dollop of butter!