As many mums out there would know, sometimes it can be a bit of a struggle to get veggies into your kids! I have been blessed with 2 beautiful kids.... but only one of them loves veggies! The other, who is now 6 years old, still hates most veggies (though he is slowly but surely acquiring a taste for a slowly increasing variety of veggies) and often I have to resort to hiding veggies in the meals that I cook. Here is one example of such a meal - the main ingredient in the pizza base is cauliflower, which Ben would not otherwise eat. But he does love pizza, and this one was no exception!
Ingredients (makes 1 large pizza):
- 1/2 a cauliflower (about 400g) cut into florets
- 3 free range eggs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes (or some freshly grated cheese)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Squeeze of lemon juice or splash of apple cider vinegar
- Season with sea salt, pepper and Herbamare
Whatever you like but I used organic BBQ sauce, sprinkle of dried organic herbs, diced nitrate free bacon, sliced mushrooms and freshly grated sheep's milk cheddar. I also served the pizza with a side of baby spinach leaves dressed with some extra virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a pizza tray with baking paper.
2. In a food processor or Thermomix, pulse the cauliflower until finely chopped. Add remaining base ingredients and process together until combined (20sec/sp3 in Thermomix).
3. Tip out onto the lined pizza tray and spread out the mixture evenly. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
4. Top the base with toppings and put back into the oven until cooked to your liking.