One of the girls at uni came in one day handing out some beautiful fresh passionfruits which she had grown at home. I adore passionfruit so I decided to make these little tartlets for the kids. There was lots of custard leftover (what a pity right?) which we decided to churn through our ice cream maker for some beautiful coconut and passionfruit ice cream!
Ingredients (makes 24):
- 3 sheets Pampas butter puff pastry
- 400ml coconut cream
- 200ml water
- 2 free range eggs
- 3/4 cup raw or rapadura sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp gluten-free cornflour
- Pulp from 3 large passionfruit
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees and grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan.
2. Using a 7cm diameter round cookie cutter, cut 24 circles out of the pastry. Line the greased muffin holes with the pastry circles and bake for around 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden. Take out of the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
3. While the pastry is baking, make the custard. In a saucepan on low heat, whisk together all the custard ingredients (except passionfruit) until the custard has thickened. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes and then stir through the passionfruit pulp, reserving a little of the pulp for garnish.
(Thermomix - add all ingredients except passionfruit and cook 7min/90deg/sp4. Stir through passionfruit pulp, reserving some for garnish)
4. Fill each pastry case with the custard and then garnish with some of the remaining passionfruit pulp. Serve.