OK so I have admitted previously (when it took me a couple of tries to successfully make Anzac biscuits) that I have not had too much experience with baking.... particularly with biscuits! So that is the reason why I am going to get some practice in and get better at making biscuits! Here is my recipe for jam drops.... amazing with a cup of chai! Next time I make biscuits, I might have a go at melting moments I think!
Ingredients (makes 12):
250g block butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar (I used rapadura)
1.5 cups light spelt flour
1 cup wholemeal spelt flour
1/4 cup strawberry jam
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. In Themomix or with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy (1min/sp4 in Thermomix with the butterfly in)
3. With the blades rotating, gradually add the flour (remove the butterfly from the Thermomix for this step).
4. Shape the mixture into biscuits. With your thumb, put an indent in the centre of each biscuit and put in around a teaspoon of jam.
5. Bake for around 10 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool to room temperature.