Friday, June 5, 2015

Turkish Delight Kombucha Jellies



I wanted to do something different with my kombucha, and after the link I posted on my Facebook page this morning to a raw Turkish Delight cheesecake, I thought it would be a good idea to make some kombucha jellies and coat them in chocolate!  You could muck around with the liquid part of the jelly - you could add some fruit juice to make the jelly a bit sweeter, but personally I like the jellies quite tart thanks to the kombucha, and I find that the sweetness from the choc coating contrasts the jelly centre really effectively.  The next test will be to see whether or not my kids will like them!

Ingredients (makes 16 squares):

Jelly:
- 2 tbsp gelatine (I used Great Lakes brand)
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 1/4 cups kombucha (I used homemade strawberry kombucha)
- 1 tbsp rosewater

Chocolate:
- 3/4 cup cacao butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (reduce this amount if you don't like your chocolate as bitter as I do!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla

Method:

1.  Dissolve the gelatine in the hot water and allow to cool slightly.

2.  In a large bowl, add the kombucha and then gradually pour in the gelatine liquid as you whisk the mixture together.  Whisk in the rosewater.

3.  Pour the jelly mixture into a square cake tin lined with baking paper.  Allow to set in the fridge.

4.  Make the chocolate by melting the cacao butter and coconut oil on a low heat, while stirring.  Whisk in the remaining ingredients until smooth.

5.  Allow the chocolate mixture to cool slightly while you take the jelly out of the fridge and cut it into 16 squares.

6.  Dip the jelly squares, one by one, into the chocolate, and then put them onto a large tray lined with baking paper.  Allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.  Enjoy!


2 comments: