Well I have to say that although I am biased, I am quite proud of this effort. This ice cream is so delicious and creamy and you only need 5 ingredients to make it (not to mention that I quickly got sick of paying $15 for 500ml of store bought coconut ice cream). I tried out my ice cream machine for the first time with this recipe and although that simplified the whole process quite a bit, you can definitely do this without an ice cream machine.
- 800ml coconut cream
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup rapadura or raw sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tsp good quality vanilla
1. Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and whisk together on a low-medium heat for a few minutes until warmed through and sugar is dissolved.
(Thermomix - add all the ingredients to TM bowl and cook 6min/80deg/sp4)
2. Pour the mixture into a bowl and put into the fridge for a couple of hours to cool down.
3. If using ice cream machine, you can churn the mixture at this point and once this is done, transfer into a freezer container.
If you are not using an ice cream machine, pour the mixture into a freezer container and freeze for a couple of hours. Take the mixture out and blend on high speed to aerate (30sec/sp9 in Thermomix). Put back into the freezer until completely frozen.
4. Take out of the freezer about 15 minutes before you would like to serve the ice cream, to allow it to soften a bit and make it easier to scoop.