What a great wintery dish. Very warming on a cold winter day! You can really use whatever veggies you like in this pie. The more the merrier!
2 garlic cloves
1 tbsp cooking fat
500g free range chicken fillets, diced
1/2 zucchini, diced
1/2 capsicum, diced
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 cup chicken broth (OR 1 cup water + 1 tsp TM veggie stock concentrate OR 1 cup Campbell's veggie stock)
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp tamari sauce
1 tsp dried basil (or 1 tbsp fresh)
1 tsp dried parsley (or 1 tbsp fresh)
Sea salt, pepper and Herbamare to taste
2 tbsp gluten-free cornflour in 1/4 cup water
2.5 cups spelt flour
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup water
1. Make the pie filling: cook the diced onion, crushed garlic, diced chicken and cooking fat for a few minutes on medium heat.
(TM: add halved onion and garlic cloves. Chop 5sec/sp7. Add cooking fat and chicken. Cook 3min/100deg/rev+sp1)
2. Add diced veggies, stock/broth, vinegar, tamari, herbs and seasonings. Turn down the heat and simmer, stirring every now and then, for 10 minutes.
(TM: add diced veggies, stock/broth, vinegar, tamari, herbs and seasonings and cook 10min/100deg/rev+sp1)
3. Add the cornflour dissolved in water and stir in. Simmer for a few more minutes until the liquid has thickened. Cool the pie filling while you make the pastry.
(TM: add cornflour dissolved in water. Cook 3min/100deg/rev+sp1. Allow the filling to cool while you make pastry)
4. To make the pastry, in a food processor, process the flour, butter and salt until breadcrumb consistency. Add the water and process a few more seconds. Take the pastry out and knead until smooth. Split into 2 equal portions and put into the fridge for around 15 minutes.
(TM: into clean and dry bowl, add flour, butter and salt. Mix 6sec/sp6. Add water and knead 30 seconds on interval setting. Take the pastry out and split in half, then refrigerate for 15 minutes)
5. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and grease a pie dish with butter. Take out one portion of pastry and roll out. Place into greased pie dish and prick with a fork. Blind bake for around 10 minutes.
6. Turn down the oven to 180 degrees. Pour the pie filling into pastry shell. Roll out the remaining pastry and place on top of the pie, pressing down all along the edge to secure. Prick the top a few times to allow for air vents. Bake for around 20 minutes or until the pastry on top is golden.