We get our organic fruit and veggies delivered fortnightly and so we always get a pretty good variety of fresh produce. Sometimes though we get some items which don't get eaten as quickly - I had a few peaches in the fridge and thought that a good way to use some of them might be to make something lunchbox friendly that I could include some peaches in - so here it is! The kids are pretty impressed and I hope you like it too!
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup rapadura sugar
- 1/2 cup choc chips
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 free range egg
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 large or 2 small peaches, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 20cm x 30cm baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and stir together. Add the wet ingredients (except peach slices) and stir until just combined.
3. Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish and arrange peach slices on top. Bake for about 15 minutes or until just cooked through (you don't want to overcook it or it will be too dry).
4. Allow to cool completely and cut into slices to serve.