My kids love banana bread. It makes a great snack for morning tea or afternoon tea... or even breakfast! I made this one without nuts so that I could pack it into the kids' lunchboxes for school. You can also freeze this bread, just be sure to slice it up prior to freezing.
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled
- 1 cup wholemeal spelt or kamut flour
- 1/2 cup light spelt or kamut flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp pure honey
- Optional - 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Grease a bread tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, add the banana and mash with a fork. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for around 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
4. Allow to cool on a wire rack before slicing.